North Mianus PTA Mission Statement
The Mission of the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) is three-fold:
- Support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools and before government agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- Assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- Encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The PTA is an advocacy group for children. It speaks against threats to children’s health and safety. The PTA works to assist today’s one-parent and two-career families. The PTA works to assure excellence in education for all children. The PTA supports the public school system that is so vital to America’s democratic form of government.
In its relationship with the schools, the PTA has the responsibility to:
- Protect access to quality education for all children.
- Seek information on policies, curriculum, and laws that affect children.
- Share accurate information with its members and the school community.
- Know, help, and interact with teachers and administrators.
- Work with the school in a constructive manner, respecting democratic procedures, and with tolerance for diverse opinions.
- Work in partnership with school professionals to determine appropriate levels of programs and services.
- Participate in making decisions affecting policies, rules, and regulations that concern children.
The PTA should maintain contact with school board members, as well as school administrators and other school professionals; establish and maintain lines of communication among its members, the school staff, and school board; attend school board meetings regularly and report on the proceedings to the PTA membership; and make statements representing the PTA to the school board only after official authorization by that PTA.
- Friday, September 24
- Wednesday, October 6
- Monday, October 11
- Tuesday, November 2
- Thursday, November 11
- Wednesday, November 24
- Thursday, November 25
- Friday, November 26
- Monday, December 6
- Tuesday, December 7
- Wednesday, December 8
- Thursday, December 23
- Friday, December 24
- Saturday, December 25
- Sunday, December 26